Tuesday, May 03, 2005

When Life Comes At You

There's a commercial on television that shows a hip hop group dancing in front of an elaborate mansion. The front man for the group is dripping gold chains and the implication is that he owns the mansion. A few seconds later, the scene has changed, The front man is sitting on the curb, head in hands, despairingly; and there's a "For Sale" sign on the mansion, as a voice over says, "life comes at you."

Yes it does.

Life came at me the other day when my father told me my mother had a stroke. She's been stabilized and is showing vast improvement even in just a few days. She can still speak, though slowly, and can move the side that was affected by the stroke. So we are hopeful.

Nevertheless, I am going to be with my mother and father for a few days.

And, my computer monitor got fried yesterday (yes, life comes at you).

I am not exactly sure when I'll be back to blog, but I figure in about two to three weeks things might settle back to normal with a new computer, or at least a new monitor. When I get back from helping my folks, I'll assess my computer needs and focus back on this. But for now there are other priorities.

Until I'm back, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

May the Peace of God go with you, Shalom, and Namaste!

No comments: