Monday, June 13, 2005

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maximus Culpa for Sloppy Blogging

A thousand apologies for the sloppy post the other day, and for not even putting up a link to the second article, the one in USA Today about Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Although high speed Internet access and complimentary use of the computer at the Hampton Inn is a great perk, it did, unfortunately, have its limits. And the fact that they ask you to keep your usage to only 15 minutes is that limit.

I thought it was more important to get the thoughts out about the greed that is overtaking corporate America and how that is hurting their own employees, than it was to have a perfect post.

But I did double back to put up the link to the entire USA Today article and to clean up some of the sloppy grammar and to make the writing more clear. But I didn't do a major overhaul because it is in the past. I don't think I need to belabor the point.

Tomorrow and the next day, I'll probably be busy. Virginia has one of its interminable elections. We have a major election every year and a scattering of special elections in the summer when nobody is around to vote. And then the powers that be wonder why our election turn out is always so abysmal. It's called voter fatigue, people. Get a clue.

Anyway, I'm a political junkie, so I'll be voting. And I'll probably be at a victory party somewhere tomorrow night. Since it's a primary, some Democrat, whom I support, somewhere, will win at least one of the spots up for grabs, so I'm assured of celebrating an actual victory at one the parties, even if it's at the governor's spot - Tim Kaine is running unopposed so he has to win his election and, yes, I actually will feel like celebrating his victory because he's an exceedingly good guy. I will be writing more about him as Virginia's elections heat up in the coming months.

No comments: