Friday, October 07, 2005

Site Update

I know I've been away for a long time. And I've been busy, had a few personal traumas that I don't really want to discuss because - well - they're personal. Even if I am anonymous, there are some things I'll keep to myself. Also, I don't want to relive these events. There is a time for healing and moving on.

I don't want that to sound more dramatic than it is. None of this is major tragedy, just the accumulated frustrations and disappointments that happen to us all. The facts and small change of life with all it's occasional problems.

On a less personal note, I've made one change to the blog. Now, readers must register to post comments and they also must go through something called word verification to do so.

I hated putting up a wall that makes it inconvenient to post comments because I really do welcome input from readers. But I've been getting far too much blog spam. It's sad that a few bad - and greedy - apples have to spoil a freewheeling medium that should operate like a virtual townhall free for all. But the truth is that I don't have any advertising and I make no money from this blog.

The word amateur comes from the Latin root "amor" which means love. And I am an amateur in many senses, including the sense that I do it for love, not money on this site.

And I certainly don't want those I don't even know exploiting my blog by pushing products and services about which I know nothing. To me, it's not enough to say "buyer beware." I feel a responsibility to do all that I can to protect the integrity of my site and to make sure any readers I have are not misled. So, if you see any comments urging you to link to other sites that advertise lawyer's services or any other products, please know that they are not approved by me and I'm doing all that I can to get rid of the random spam that these folks are generating.

So buyer please be very aware.

No comments: