Thursday, March 02, 2006

Update on What Bush Knew and When

I thought I had put this story to bed with The New York Times articles I had linked to earlier. But I saw this in today's Washington Post and it's an even more devastating account of what this administration knew and when. Not only do they refuse to acknowledge their true responsibility for screwing up in New Orleans, but they have been caught red handed lying through their teeth about it.

You know, I can't help but think that if all those Republican claims that Clinton was impeached not because he had sex with an intern (which after all is not against any law) but for his lying, what will it take to get these fabricators out of office? They aren't lying about a breach of personal conduct but about the performance of their official duties and to cover up the devastating effects of their failure on thousands of peoples' lives. For God's sake, when is enough too much?

No comments: