Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

And that's why I'm going on a brief hiatus.

It's already apparent that I haven't written or posted too much in the past couple of weeks. I've been busy as many of us have.

Christmas and Chanukah shopping is great fun. The stores, whether in the city or out in the suburban malls, are all pretty. I was walking through Macy's just tonight and everything was red, gold, silver and sparkly. But my favorite thing is that even my sense of smell was tempted by the subtle scent of perfume wafting from the perfume counter to the farthest reaches of the store. I love walking in the door of a large department store and smelling all the perfume as I pass the cosmetic counter, the handbags, shoes, and holiday dresses.

Actually, most of my Christmas shopping is already done, the presents wrapped and waiting to be put under our tree.

Since we'll be traveling to Tennessee for the holidays, that's most of our preparation already completed. There are a few last minute things to do in this next week and some parties to attend. It's nice to have most of the work behind me and to look forward to the fun.

Unless something really catches my attention, I probably won't blog again until after New Years.

When I do get back, I expect that my focus will be on the presidential primaries and the upcoming elections in 2008. Yes, I'll focus most of my attention on the Virginia Senate race and the 11th CD Congressional race. And I hope to write more about religion and other cultural topics that have gotten short shrift on my blog recently.

For now, though, I wish everybody a happy holiday.

Go enjoy this most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: