Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Okay, I Still Don't Get It...

But whoever just commented on my last post, which essentially was a blast at people who come to my site to post meaningless, insincere flattery as a ploy to simply link to their commerical sites, obviously has a fine sense of irony.

It is sort of funny.

Here I'm publicly airing my dilemna: Do I allow people to exploit my blog site by posting their commercial ventures just because they are writing all kinds of kudos like "great site" or "very creative, I'm bookmarking it" or do I simply delete them?

After yesterday's post, the response I got was not what I expected. You'd think at least one of those people who had posted (and they might actually be the same person with lots of sites) would have gotten angry and posted a criticism. I truly expected an offended comment calling me a bitch for nailing them with my critical comments about their posts. Approbation was not exactly the response I thought I'd get after I had basically insulted them.

At any rate, to the degree that I'm able to monitor it, from now on, I'll probably delete the spammers, which is how I think of them.

Again, to repeat, I do not mind real commentators leaving their remarks and their views and linking me to their sites. In fact, I encourage it. Just as I encourage and welcome all sincere discussion. Please, disagree with me if you'd like. Controversy is a good think in the blogosphere.

And that's the other thing. Although, a lot of these scammers call their sites blogs, they are, in fact, no such thing. They are not weblogs. They are simply websites set up to sell you something.

So, once again, Caveat Emptor!

Buyer beware.

2 comments:

The Fool said...

I say we find them and beat the shit out of them! Are you with me? :)

Karen Duncan said...

Aye, I'm with you Fool. Let's get the pitchforks.

Thanks, you made me laugh!