Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lucky Bloggers!


Jaime has a post up at West of Shockoe listing all those lucky bloggers who will get to meet her at the Bloggers United Conference in Norfolk July 13-15. Here’s the list:
Jaime raises an excellent point worth considering when you decide whether to come or not. I mean, what about decadent desserts, hospitality suites, cocktail hours, a great dinner, and panel discussions on blogging, the new media, and the chance to meet all of the gubernatorial candidates – both Democratic and Republican – doesn’t make you all want to sign up and join us? Heck, just for the chance to meet the zany crew from Daily Whackjob, it's worth the price.

In addition to meeting other bloggers and candidates from both parties, there will be interesting and useful roundtable discussions on blogging, fair use of other’s material, and technical aspects of blogging. Personally, I can’t wait for the one on technology. I’m in serious danger of breaking my blog every time I try something new.

Anyway, here’s where you go to sign up!

And here’s who will be participating (ripped off from the Blogs United Hampton Road website) and a list of the panel discussions:
For July 14, here's what you can expect...
8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Breakfast (available until 10:00 a.m.)
9:00 to 9:30 a.m. Attorney General Bob McDonnell
9:30 to 10:15 a.m. Roundtable on anonymous blogging moderated by Jay Hughes
10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Break
10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Media Panel
11:30 to 11:45 a.m. Lunch served
11:45 to 12:30 p.m. Del. Brian Moran
12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Political Panel
1:30 to 1:45 p.m. Break
1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Jack Holt, OSD-Public Affairs
2:15 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Fair-use/RSS Feeds Panel
3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Roundtable on technology moderated by Jim Hoeft
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Break
6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Reception
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Dinner with Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling and friends
With all that info, I hope you sign up. And I hope to meet all of you bloggers from other parts of the state and across the political spectrum.

4 comments:

Karen Duncan said...

Ben Tribbett just pointed out that some of the people whom I have listed as participants may not be accurate. If that's true, I do apologize for any innaccuracies.

And there is some controversy about this year's conference. All I can say is it saddens me that anybody has decided not to come. Some of the best bloggers in Virginia will be missed at it. If I could change their minds, I would.

I hope to see and meet as many Virginia bloggers as I can, especially Jaime and the Whackjob crew, and also Vivian and Jim.

Howling Latina said...

Last year I didnt' go and I wish I had of.

This year, I wish I could go and I might still.

I'm just really short of $$$$. Just finally graduated after opting to switch careers during mid-life and will hit the job trail after my daughter finishes her summer visit.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Unknown said...

Here's why I'm not attending...

www.VBDems.org/KickedOff.htm

Karen Duncan said...

Eileen, thank you for your side of this story. I also hope with all my heart that you will reconsider and come.