And I’ve got to tag eight more people. That may be harder. I don’t know everybody who’s been tagged already but I’ll give it a shot. If you've already been tagged, sorry and just ignore.
First the eight things.
- I collect teddy bears and have over a hundred of them spilling into every room in my house including my downstairs bathroom.
- I also collect Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad lore with their Chessie logo, which is the sleeping kitten.
- Back in the late 1970s, I gave up a job on a suburban newspaper to live in New York City and write about the Greenwich Village/Lower East Side music scene for alternative newspapers.
- While doing that I interviewed, and became friendly with, Kinky Friedman, who recently ran for governor of Texas; and Chinga Chavin, who recorded the Country Porn album (my articles were PG-Rated). I don't have a link to those articles but I still have my clippings.
- Although I came from a very musical family, I can't carry a tune and have a terrible singing voice.
- I used to act in straight dramas and comedies (anything non-musical) in high school and college and I wrote poetry that I performed as a one-woman show.
- I am terrified to fly but I do it anyway.
- I was once a Young Republican for one day. A friend of mine needed a vote in a convention and she paid for my membership. We won!
Now my tags – you’re it:
Yeah, the last one is actually in Ohio now. And somebody else may have tagged him. But it's the least I can do to annoy him :)