Monday, May 15, 2006

A Brief Vacation

I have absolutely nothing to say right now, which is fortunate because I am going to be taking a few days off to attend to family matters, including the high school graduation of my only nephew. Among other things, I'll be visiting Harold Ford country - the great state of Tennessee. And also Alabama. And, of course, I'll be riding up and down 81 with my James Webb bumper sticker on my car.

And then I'll be taking care of some things at home too. So I'll be in and out of home all week.

I should be on-line again next Monday. Until then, everybody have a great week!

2 comments:

Rob said...

I gotta tell Harold Ford is a keeper. I saw him speak at the Indiana JJ Dinner and he rocked. Well-spoken, articulate and passionate... He even gave his tacit endorsement to my man, Sen Bayh's presumptive 2008 presidential bid by volunteering to be his finance chair. Outstanding!

You can read a blow-by-blow of the event at http://www.allamericapac.com/blog

Karen Duncan said...

Wow, Worriedem, that's very good. I need to investigate a way to let people do diaries here the way they do on Daily Kos and Raising Kaine. That should be a front page post.

And Rob, you're right about Harold Ford. While I was in Tennessee I saw his new commercial and it was powerful

In the ad, he is standing in front of an Exxon gas station and he talks about the high gas prices, the record company profits and the fact that Exxon's CEO got a $400 million bonus last year. "All paid for by you the taxpayer," Ford says. Then, he looks into the camera and says, "if you've had enough, vote for a new generation of leaders. That's why I approved this ad..."

It was very effective. And it's in keeping with the "had enough" theme that I think is going to work for Democrats nationwide this year.