Monday, July 07, 2008

July 4th NoVa Central Labor Council Picnic Photos

Since I depend on the kindness of friends, it often takes me a while to get pictures up from events. These photos are from the July 4th Northern Virginia Central Labor Council Cookout. This is the second year the CLC has done this and it looks like it's going to be an annual event. I'd like to thank George Burke for these shots. He also took the photo of me with Governor Tim Kaine and Dan, which appears on my sidebar. That was from last year's Independence Day Cookout.

First shot is Dan Duncan, NoVa CLC President, with soon to be Senator Mark Warner.

Next is me with Mark at the beginning of the event, at the side of the building.

Next, Bob Phares, NoVa CLC Trustee, with Gerry Connolly, Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and Congressional candidate in the 11th CD.

Mark addressing the crowd.


Steve Mendenhall, on loan to the CLC for the 2008 Campaign, from the National Air Traffic Controllers; John Dwyer, co-owner of the fine union print shop D & P Printing; Mark; and Jim Leaman, President of the State AFL-CIO.


Ernest Cardwell, Vice President of Sheet Metal Workers, Local 100, with Gerry.

Joe Abbey talking with Jim Leaman. Joe was Chap Petersen's campaign manager and now works with Mark Warner's campaign.

L-R Gerry Connolly, Mark Warner, Margi Vanderhi, Sharon Bulova. Sharon has been my friend for years and I'm glad to finally have a photo of her on my blog.

Me and Gerry Connolly.

Joyce Putnam from OPEIU. She was one of the photographers at the event. I love getting shots of Joyce and others who take the pictures since they so often don't end up getting their pictures taken.
Next year I hope to have my own, small digital camera so I can also get a picture of George Burke, to whom I am grateful for all these shots. Then, he too will get got :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given all the nasty things Gerry C has said about the blogosphere, I am impressed that he had his picture taken with you.

Bwana

Karen Duncan said...

Actually, it's a wash. We also said nasty things about him. I'm not gonna get into who said what first. Sufficient to say, grown ups move on.

He and I were friendly before his primary and we are friendly again. Except for the reprehensible Reds Sox thing he insists on :)