Sunday, May 24, 2009

Leslie Byrne Endorsement of Mike Signer

H/t to Blue Commonwealth for this. Leslie was an early feminist as well as a staunch labor supporter. Her father was a shop stewart, so she knows first hand the hard battles that workers and unions fought to gain a living wage, safe working conditions, and decent treatment in the workplace.

Furthermore, Leslie has always been in the forefront of the fight for women's rights and human dignity. Mike Signer picked up an important endorsement and, even more importantly, a strong moral voice for human rights in his campaign for the Lt. Governor's race.



4 comments:

DanielK said...

I'll be curious to see if she is able to counter the strong support Jody likely has with women voters? A few people say that she does have a strong following still in Virginia so I guess we'll have to see! That race is really up for grabs! I also like how he gave the Sheriff's Union props! :)

F.T. Rea said...

Met and interviewed Signer last week, when he and Byrne were in Richmond.

Smart Democrats should give Signer some consideration. To me, he came across as a guy who thinks for himself, and does a good job of it.

Karen Duncan said...

Thank you both for your comments. I too have been favorably impressed by him. I will have more to say when I make my endorsements later in the week.

F.T. Rea said...

Here's the piece I wrote about Signer -- http://www2.richmond.com/content/2009/may/27/im-jim-webb-democrat/#mp_share