Friday, June 13, 2008

Farewell to Tim Russert

It is with great sadness that I note that Tim Russert has passed away. He died earlier today at his desk at NBC News while working. On the one hand, there is something about dying while doing what you love that is touching. But then again, passing away at 58 is so truly tragic - way too young.

As somebody who was a very long time viewer of NBC's Meet The Press, and who always enjoyed Russert's White Board at presidential election time, I will miss him greatly. And my condolences to his family.

1 comment:

Edward Harrison said...

I share your sense of loss. He was a remarkable journalist who definitely increased my knowledge base. I respected his even-handed toughness in an age where fear and ratings watching have made the average journalist weak and ingratiating.