Wednesday, October 22, 2008

See You Around, Except This Weekend

Ok, I''ll admit that I haven't been posting as regularly as I'd like to. But I've been busy. In case you might have noticed, there's an election going on. And I'm convinced that right now nothing is as important as the ground game. The winner will be the one who actually gets his supporters to the polls. So, I've been spending most of my spare time working in campaign headquarters. And for the first time since I've been in Virginia, I've been able to do the things I'm actually good at.

I've put in some time as a greeter at the front desk at the Obama Fairfax office. And I've done some data entry. I'm really good at the data entry so I plan to do a lot more of that. And much as I'm uncomfortable talking to strangers, I will do phone banking. And I encourage everybody to get out to volunteer. If you can, the Obama camp still needs canvassers, phone bankers, and office help. Anything you are comfortable with will help.

This weekend, however, I won't be blogging, and I won't be at the Fairfax office. I'll be in Orlando for the wedding of a my cousin's daughter (I'm not sure if that makes the bride my second cousin or a cousin once removed). I know, I know, what a terrible time to hold a wedding.

Dan won't be attending because as president of the NoVa Central Labor Council, he really can't take time off for anything personal. But this is my cousin's daughter. There is no way I'd miss her daughter's wedding. So, I'll be there with my 95 year old dad to represent our side of the family.

But then I will be back for the final GOTV push. See you around the Internet. And better still, see you at an Obama office and at the victory party on November 4th.

No comments: